Friday Five

I'm linking up today with Emmy for Friday Five, five thoughts about the last week and five pictures.


1. This week has been a little rough because I haven't been sleeping well. I had insomnia for six months pretty bad after my first son was born, and it seemed to have started when he was about the same age my current baby is, 4 1/2 months. Bleh. I'd been taking half a dose of Tylenol PM and half a pill of Melatonin, but then it seemed that the Tylenol was backfiring and keeping my brain awake, but my body super tired and numb. Not good. So, now I'm just down to taking a pill of Melatonin every night. It doesn't work as well as the Tylenol, but still, it's better than nothing. This tiredness has led to a pretty unproductive week for me, in terms of house cleaning and exercising and eating well. Here's to hoping next week is better.

2. Because of not sleeping well, I am seriously thinking of trying the Whole30 thing. I bought the book, It Starts With Food, to read over, to see if I really want to do it. I feel like it would be a good thing to do something like this, to reboot my system and cravings and the way I eat. I'm just not sure it's okay for me to do while I'm breastfeeding. But I'm sure something to this effect would help with my sleep problems and probably everything else. I'll be honest though, I rely HEAVILY on chocolate or sugar to get me through the day. I have some during the boys' nap time and then after they're in bed at night. It's one way I relax, I realize that, and as stupid as this sounds, I'm afraid to take it out of my daily life, because I rely so heavily on it as a coping device. I guess I just need to decide in the end what is more important: doing something really hard that can only have very good long term results, or stay in my addiction, feeling like crap every day, minus the moments of splurging.

3. My baby boy (my oldest) is turning three on Tuesday. I took him on a Mommy/Jacky date last night. He got his hair cut then we went to Arctic Circle where we ate and he played on the toys. I feel like all of the sudden, his life is speeding up before my eyes. Yes, he's only three, but I'm so sad that he is getting to be such a big boy. He wanted his hair cut like "dinosaur hair", spiky, and it makes him look like a little boy, not like my baby. I guess it had to happen some time.

4. I've been thinking a lot lately about the kind of woman I want to be, also wife, mother, sister, friend, but overall, just person. What things do I want to spend my time on? What is it that I really want to do and want out of my life? What is it that I really stand for and have convictions for? Do I let that come through in how I act and live my life? I don't know, just really thinking some things over.

5. This is not as deep at all. I've never had a nice kitchen table centerpiece and for some reason, it's just really bugging me, so I'm on the hunt to find something nice to put on my table. I've attempted things in the past, but my stupid arse cat Sophie always gets on the table. If I have a table cloth on there, fur gets all over it and I have to lint it off every day, and she also slides it around everywhere so it's always falling off. If I have real flowers, she tries to eat them. At one time I had these fake cherries in a bowl and she'd get up there, scoop them out with her paw, and bat them around on the floor, playing with them ... at 3:00 AM. I really do wonder why I keep this cat. Seriously. I love her and all, but if she died tomorrow or ran away or someone wanted to take her off my hands, I would be really sad, for a while, but there would also be a real feeling of relief. I'm a HUGE animal lover, so that's weird for me to say and feel. She is a difficult animal, like, well, a real cat. The cat I had growing up was so awesome. He was more like a human than a cat. Even people that hated cats with a fiery passion liked Marley. There will never be another Marley. Anyway, Sophie better not mess with the new kitchen table centerpiece, or she might just find herself out of a home!

1.
Before and After of my sweet little boy.


2.
Mommy/Jacky Date
3.
I seriously have the happiest, smiliest baby. He is ALWAYS smiling!
4.
Still smiling!
5.
These two are full of it!

Comments

Stephanie said…
I recently bought It Starts With Food and have been considering taking on The Whole30 but haven't been able to commit yet. If you decide to do it and want a partner- let me know! Maybe that would be the jump start i'd need. p.s. Love Jack's spiky hair.
Emmy said…
Love his hair cut that is so cute! They definitely do hit an age where they suddenly seem big and seem to get big at a much more rapid pace. That would be so hard to have insomnia, especially when your sleep is already being interrupted because of your baby. I hope you are able to figure out something that will work for you.

Thanks so much for linking up.

Popular Posts