Beauty Award - Just For Funsies!

Thanks to Robin at Thoughts and Reflection for giving me this fun little award. It's always fun to just answer random questions. This award has to do with beauty, so here we go!

1. What is your current beauty obsession?
I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm currently obsessed with anything right now, but if I did have to pick something, it would be Aveeno Ultra Calming Makeup Removing Wipes and also their moisturizer. A week ago when I was visiting my family in Idaho my face just started breaking out all weird. My sister in law even let me use some of her nice, expensive Lancome moisturizer, and it made things even worse! I had been using Neutrogena foaming cleanser because I've been trying to save some money in our budget and it's cheaper than Aveeno products. It had been working somewhat okay, but after the weird face break out last week, I am determined that I will never stray from Aveeno again. When I used the wipes and moisturizer, it was literally almost like my face went, "Ahhhh. Thank you!" in relief. I didn't have sensitive skin growing up, but once I hit my twenties I suddenly started having to use things that are both hypoallergenic and non-comodegenic. It makes it hard to find makeup as well, which is why I mostly use Physician's Formula, Almay and Neutrogena make up products.

2. What is the one beauty item you wish you owned?
I honestly have no idea on this one, but I guess if I had to choose something, it would either be a really nice hair dryer, expensive shampoo and conditioner, or really nice make up. It sucks being on a tight budget.

3. What is your favorite topic to read about?
I have a lot of different things I'm interested in reading right now. With blogs or Pinterest, I like reading about organizing and toddler raising tips, recipes, saving money. But I also like to read about people and their lives. I find it fascinating and it's fun to get to know people I would otherwise probably never meet. Outside of blogs, I like all sorts of things. I'm a sucker for an occassional People magazine at the grocery stand probably 3 or 4 times a year, but also like In Style and Martha Stewart's magazine. Books, I'm all over the place. I'm reading The Seven Miracles That Saved America right now for my book club, which I highly, highly recommend to anyone.

4. What inspired you to become a blogger?
I've been 'blogging' for a few years, just mainly for the sake of family and friends, and more than anything for myself. I print out my blog and have it bound at the end of each year. I do keep a regular, private journal as well, but I like blogging because I can quickly put pictures with the things I'm writing about, and I find that maybe I wrote about something I didn't write about in my journal. It helps cover a lot of bases for me. But in this past year, in all honesty, I was lonely. I went from being a full time Jr. High teacher to a stay at home mom, and the adjustment was extremely difficult for me in terms of loneliness. I feel like I've fully adjusted now, but like I said above, it's been nice to meet other people from around the country.

5. What nail polish are you wearing now?
None. You can probably tell that I'm a pretty low maintenance person when it comes to beauty. I do get ready every day and wear make up, but not a lot of it. I want to paint my nails and have 3 cute colors in my medicine cabinet by Rimmel (this shows you how much I DON'T wear nail polish, since I only own 3 bottles) that I have wanted to put on, but it's a matter of finding the time. My life is pretty dang busy now that my Little Buddy is one and is getting into everything!

Comments

ROBIN said…
love your answers. You sound a lot like me...low maintenance. You should try WEN haircare products. It is a little expensive, but it's amazing. I only get it when they run a deal, like sometimes 2 for the price of 1.
I just splurged on 3 nail polishes yesterday. Thought I'd give it a try. Funny how painted nails can make a woman feel....LOL
Great post!

Popular Posts