Hiking Adam's Canyon








This last week Brent's best friend from high school, Chris, came and stayed with us for 5 days. Brent and Chris are pretty much like brothers separated at birth. It's cool to me that they have stayed connected with each other throughout the years. We decided that we wanted to hike Adam's Canyon on Saturday, which is a canyon in the mountains just right by where we live. This was the first time for all of us. As I went on this hike it really made me grateful for the beautiful area that I live in and how much I take it for granted. Sure, it may be heavily populated and it seemed like everyone and their dog, literally, was out there on the trail, along with emo kids smoking their cigarettes (whoever decides they're going to go out and enjoy nature and the fresh air while inhaling tobacco is an idiot in my opinion), but I still enjoyed the beauty that this area has to offer. I definitely plan on going on this hike in the fall when the leaves are changing color.

In the mean time, I have been planning and prepping like crazy for the upcoming school year. For those of you who don't know, I FINALLY did get a teaching job at Syracuse Arts Academy. I'll teach 7th & 8th grade as an Integrated Arts Teacher. I will teach a quarter each of Visual Arts, Movement, Music, and Theatre. I'm pretty excited to be able to teach all of these things, since this is basically a culmination of what I have studied the past 10 years and throughout the course of my life, minus English. But of course I am worried about not living up to their standards, not doing things the right way, blah, blah, blah. Anything that is new and unknown is a bit frightening and terrifying at times. But it's also very exciting and I hope I'll be able to hit my stride with all of it soon enough. I start in with meetings this coming Monday, so, here we go!

Comments

Hoenesclan said…
I love that you are so active! That is such a great thing. That is a good hike. That is so great you got the job! I am so happy for you.
Leslie said…
The hike looks fun and Congrats on the teaching job! That is so exciting.
Klingler said…
Hi Suzie! It's Lottie. I found your blog. It looks like you are doing awesome. That is a beautiful place. I want to go there. It was fun to peek in on you.
Klingler said…
Hey, its me again. We are living in Washington state. However, in a week we are moving back to Rexburg. I cannot decide if I am excited or not. Where are you living?

Popular Posts