Desperate Housewives Moment


Two days ago my day began with such a memorable, touching experience. I locked myself out of my house at 8 in the morning, wearing only my flannel pajamas. Yeah, it was great! I was sleeping (yes, still sleeping by 8, so sue me) and all of the sudden heard dishes crashing to the ground. My first thought was that my cat had jumped on my kitchen table and somehow knocked all of my stacked, nice dishes to the floor. So I jumped out of bed and ran downstairs only to see that they were perfectly fine. I kept hearing bumping, weird noises in my basement so I kept calling Sophie's name, but she wouldn't come (which she usually does), so I started to get scared. I have extreme paranoia that someday somebody is going to break into one of my basement windows (we were robbed in Salt Lake City, so I have been paranoid ever since then). I thought, "This is it! It's finally happening. Somebody is breaking into my house!" So I quietly walked downstairs, peered around the corner, only to find my aggravating feline's tail poking out from beneath the blinds. She had knocked everything off of the ledge onto the floor, thus creating the crashing noises, so she could look out the window at a random cat that was outside staring back at her. I was VERY annoyed. So I walked upstairs and opened the back door, figuring this would scare the cat away. No, he just looked at me like, "Yeah, what do you want?" So to scare him more, I slammed the door behind me. As soon as I did it I said, "Crap!" but in another word I won't repeat here (yes, I am ashamed). I tried to see if I could break in one of my windows, if the front door wasn't shut tight enough, but sure enough, the house is like Fort Knox. No way in. I had to run over to my neighbors, ask if I could use their phone, call my sister who thankfully lives around the corner and ask her to bring the spare key to my house. I waited toward my backyard on the hood of my car for about five minutes until she brought it over. Thank you Missy! Who knows what I would have done! One of the things that also kept flashing through my mind was one of those early Desperate Housewives episodes where Susan gets locked out of her house naked. At least that didn't happen to me! :)

Comments

Lisa said…
So funny. Thank goodness Missy had a key and lives so close! My aunt went onto the roof in her little nightie to fetch her cat who was up there stuck and crying. It was the wee hours of the morning so she thought she'd be safe. But if I remember right, the ladder fell down and she was stuck up there until her neighbor came outside to leave for work and had to rescue her... hee hee. Wait. I shouldn't laugh or it'll happen to me!
Jenni & James said…
Funny stuff! It happens to me about once a year so I know how you feel. But I bet that doesn't surprise you since you know what a klutz I am!
Sonnet and Dave said…
When I first saw that on Facebook ill admit that I had a good chuckle but I have done that so much that Dave could just kill me. Good thing Missy is so close.
Amy Jo said…
GReat story...that is something that would totally happen to me. Funny!!!
ha ha! i so remember when you were robbed in SLC. Didn't they take a dump in your toilet too?...well, that could be my twisted mind at work. If so, just ignore!

Popular Posts